Monday, September 27, 2010

Couch potato no more....

I am starting the Couch to 5K plan tonight.  I do not look forward to it, but it must be done.  I don't particularly like exercise.  I don't mind sweating.  I don't mind moving, but I am so tired anymore.  I just don't feel like doing anything at the end of the day.

Logically, I know that this will change.  I will start having more energy, I will feel better physically.  And maybe my pants will loosen up. 

In other news, I got a birthday card from my father.  I don't know how I feel about this.  He could have saved the stamp and just sent me an emailed "Happy Birthday".  I would have been fine with that.

My father had inserted a note into the card that read "Gwen (the evil stepmother) and I will be at your house at 2:30pm on November 20 to celebrate Christmas."  This rubbed me the wrong way.  Not that I will do anything about it.  I will clean my house, cook some food, and pray that I am in some way more acceptable to my father and his wife than I normally am.  Then they will leave, I will cry and eat an entire carton of toasted almond fudge ice cream.  Fun, fun...

2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you, Kim! We are in this together. I ran a bit earlier. Let me know how you did!

    Sorry about your dad.

    ReplyDelete